TERMS FOR USING TOASTMASTER INTERNATIONAL TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTS
The Toastmasters International name is synonymous with high-quality communication and leadership development. Toastmasters’ trademarks are extremely valuable because they represent the standards of excellence and quality associated with Toastmasters. This page contains information about Toastmasters intellectual property and the rights associated with them.
These Terms for Using Toastmaster International Trademarks and Copyrights ("Terms") apply to Toastmasters, the public and third parties ("User" and "Users") who are interested in using Toastmaster International's materials published on www.yzzcxny.com, applications and features (collectively "the Site"). The Site is owned by Toastmasters International ("TOASTMASTERS," "us," "we"). Unless otherwise indicated, all of the content contained or displayed on this Site and any products and services (collectively "Site Content") are owned and/or controlled by Toastmasters International, its licensors, or third-party partners. Please also see the Toastmaster International Web site Conditions of Use ("Conditions of Use").
A trademark is a word, phrase, symbol, or design that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of others. A service mark distinguishes the source of the services of one party from those of others. Below, the terms "trademark" and "marks" refer to both trademarks and service marks.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of Toastmasters’ trademarks: "TOASTMASTERS," "THE TOASTMASTER," "TOASTMASTERS INTERNATIONAL," the TOASTMASTERS Emblem, among numerous others (collectively the "Toastmasters Marks"). This is not meant to be a comprehensive list and does not represent a waiver of any of Toastmasters rights in, or to, its intellectual property. The absence of a trademark from this list does not constitute a waiver of Toastmasters’ trademark or other rights. Toastmasters reserves all rights regarding its intellectual property.
USE OF TOASTMASTERS INTERNATIONAL'S TRADEMARKS BY TOASTMASTERS
Toastmasters’ trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following Toastmasters’ policies and guidelines, you help Toastmasters to protect its valuable trademark rights for the benefit of all Toastmasters. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Toastmasters’ trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Toastmasters. Except for the limited rights permitted under these Terms, no other rights of any kind are granted here under.
You may not use the Toastmasters Marks in a manner that would imply Toastmasters’ affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
If you would like to sell or give away merchandise, such as t-shirts and mugs, bearing the Toastmasters Marks, you must purchase such merchandise through the Toastmasters International Online Store or submit a Brand Guidelines and Toastmaster’s Policy and Protocol 4.0.
USE OF TOASTMASTERS INTERNATIONAL'S TRADEMARKS BY THIRD PARTIES
You may not use the Toastmasters Marks for any purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license or trademark ization from Toastmasters World Headquarters.
ized parties may use the Toastmasters Marks only as specified in their agreement with Toastmasters and any associated guidelines. If you are a licensee of Toastmasters or have received written permission to use the Toastmasters Marks, please follow the terms or guidelines set forth in your license agreement or trademark ization form.
Any use of Toastmasters’ trademarks, without Toastmasters’ prior written consent may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws.
USE OF TOASTMASTERS INTERNATIONAL'S COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS AND ATTRIBUTION
A copyright is a form of protection for original works of ship, including books, magazines, articles, software, art, music, photographs, videos, etc. Attribution notice for Toastmasters’ copyrighted materials is given as required below:
- Print reproduction: "Title of article," , publication title, volume, issue and date. "Copyright © (date as it appears in publication) Toastmasters International. All Rights Reserved. Reprinted by permission." (e.g., "10 Tips for Public Speaking," Free Resources: Public Speaking Articles – Tips & Techniques. Copyright © 2014 Toastmasters International. All Rights Reserved. Reprinted by permission.)
- Electronic reproduction: "Title of article," , publication title, volume, issue and date. "Copyright © (date as it appears in publication) Toastmasters International. All Rights Reserved. Reproduced with permission."
Pages or portions from a book or other Toastmasters publication
- Print reproduction: Title, . "Copyright © (date as it appears in book or publication) Toastmasters International. Reprinted by permission."
- Electronic reproduction: Title, . "Copyright © (date as it appears in book or publication) Toastmasters International. Reproduced with permission."
Toastmasters Photographs (Toastmasters Images)
- Print and electronic reproduction: Copyright © Toastmasters International / [Optional: Photographer's Name]
Some of the copyrights and other proprietary rights in the photographs, publications and audiovisual materials posted or contained on this Site may also be owned by individuals and entities other than, and in addition to, Toastmasters. You must contact those copyright owners to request permission. Toastmasters is not responsible for any claim, loss or damage arising from any use of these materials and Site Content.
Any User wishing to use any of the Site Content in a publication or Trademark Use Request for commercial purposes must request and receive prior written permission from Toastmasters, which is granted at Toastmasters’ sole discretion. Please submit a or contact us by email. Any unized use of Site Content, including for commercial publication or exploitation, will violate Toastmasters’ rights.
If you have any questions concerning the usage or licensing of Toastmasters copyrighted materials, please contact us by email.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK COMPLAINTS
Toastmasters respects the intellectual property rights (including copyright and trademark rights) of others and expects that you also respect others’ rights. The "Your Use of the Site" section of the Conditions of Use prohibits Users from posting content that violates another party's intellectual property rights. Toastmasters retains the right, at its discretion, to suspend and/or terminate the accounts of users who infringe or who are accused of infringing on numerous occasions the intellectual property rights of others.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable laws, Toastmasters has adopted a policy of responding to claims that User content and Site Content on www.yzzcxny.com infringes copyright or other intellectual property rights.
If you believe that any content appearing on this Site infringes your rights, please provide notification of infringement as follows:
A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of (and location of) the content on the Site that you claim infringes your copyrighted work;
- Your full legal name, mailing address, phone number and email address;
- A declaration that a) you have a good faith believe that use of the copyrighted material that you are complaining about is not ized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; b) the information in your notice is accurate; and c) you declare under penalty of perjury that you are the owner or ized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed; and
- A physical or electronic signature (for example, typing your full name).
- Your full legal name, address, telephone number and email address;
- A description and the location of where the content was removed;
- A statement that under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed in error; and
- A physical or electronic signature (for example, typing your full name).
Please send your counter-notice to: Attn: Legal Department, Toastmasters International, 9127 S. Jamaica Street, Suite 400, Englewood, CO 80112 or contact us by email.
If you believe that a User is using your trademark in an infringing way on this Site, please contact us by email. Toastmasters will review your submission and take any necessary action, at its sole discretion.